Join Our National Farm Bill Call-In Day.
May 8, 2018
The House of Representatives just introduced a bill that will affect how federal hunger-fighting programs operate for years to come. In a word – terrible.
It introduces HUGE cuts to important programs like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) that helps feed millions of Americans every single month. Join our national call-in day on May 8th and tell your Representative to vote NO on this dangerous farm bill.
Calling Congress is easy! Just dial our toll-free number, enter your zip code, and you’ll be connected to your Member of Congress’s office. Take your advocacy to the next level and help us track our impact by logging in the results of your call above!
- Just dial our toll free number, (888) 398-8702 and listen to the pre-recorded message.
- Connect to your first senator and enter your zip code. Once you are connected to your first Member of Congress, state that you are a constituent and give your name and the town you are calling from.
- Let the office know you are calling about The Farm Bill.
Deliver this message:
Please use the following script to help oppose cuts to SNAP and advocate for a strong Farm Bill.
- I’m calling from [food bank name] and serve in [community name] which [Congressperson’s name] serves.
- I’m concerned about the House Farm Bill. The bill’s severe cuts to the SNAP program through burdensome and unnecessary work time limits and restrictions on eligibility will lengthen the lines at our pantries, soup kitchens, and other sites that serve hungry people.
- Our food bank will not be able to meet the demand of these proposed SNAP cuts. The deep cuts to SNAP will negatively impact the people we serve and increase hunger in our community.
- I’m asking you to oppose H.R. 2 – the Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018 and to come up with a bipartisan bill that protects and strengthens this vital program.
Be sure to speak with both of your senators and your representative.
Spread the Word
Help us spread the word by sharing with your local networks and on social media!